Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Purchase Order Version History

Vote:

Hi,

Commerce Version: 12.17.2

I'd like to review the version history of a Purchase Order in Commerce Manager.

Updates to purchase orders are made through API system integrations to perform actions such as updating tracking information, completing orders, creating return orders etc.

Is there any way to view the version history of a purchase order?

Thanks

Jul 21, 2021 12:02
Vote:

Hi Johnny,

Optimizely commerce does not provide the version approach for manage orders, so there is no way to retrieve Purchase Orders using version history.

Jul 21, 2021 15:01
Vote:

Thanks Sanjay.

We could use Order Events (Order events | Optimizely Developer Community) to create a repository of serialised purchase order objects to start with.

Jul 21, 2021 15:31
Vote:

There is no history support for order - in a sense that each change is a "snapshot" that you can go back there. but you can add notes every time you make changes to it, so you know who made the change and for what.

In latest version of Commerce there will be more notes added by default for you.

You can, technically, implement your own IOrderRepository and make sure each change is immutable, i.e. each order will have multiple snapshots, but that is a very big undertaking task I'm afraid. 

Jul 22, 2021 11:36
Vote:

Thanks for the clarification Quan.

Could a CMS like Purchase Order versioning feature something we might see on the Commerce roadmap in future? Just interested to know if it is something other partners might have requested.

For me, as the Ordering system is often interacting with other systems, it would be extremely useful to see that history.

Thanks

Jul 22, 2021 12:07
Vote:

No I don't think that is in the roadmap. It's a major change that will not happen with the default order system. It could, however, be part of a new order system/service, but such system could be far away ...

Jul 22, 2021 13:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.