Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Creating a Promotion with some items on sale v13

Vote:

Hi Everyone

I see I can edit a promotion and add ExcludedCatalogItems to the promotionData so that some items aren't on sale.  But my question is how do I create a promotion and add items to the sale?

for example given sku 1, 2, 3, 4 where 3 and 4 aren't on sale

How do I create a promotion where 1 and 2 are added in to a promotion for like 10% off so 3 and 4 isn't on sale versus creating the promotion and then added 3 and 4 to the excluded items.

Is this possible or unnessary with excludedCatalogItems?

basically looking to do an included list versus excluded list.

Feb 23, 2021 0:38
Vote:

Hi Peter,

I do not know exactly what is promotion type that you are using for this setup? As I know then you completely choose sku 1 and 2 for eligible items. So it is unnecessary to exclude sku 3 and 4.

You also can use excludedCatalogItems if you have promotion settings like:

• Eligible items: all items belong category "A"

=> You may need to use excludedCatalogItems if you want to exclude some products that belong to category "A"

Feb 23, 2021 8:37
Vote:

It depends on the type of your promotion, but many promotions inherited from EntryPromotion has a PurchaseQuantity Condition, where you can set the list of items that are allowed for the promotions, basically

promotion.Condition.Items = new List<ContentReference>() { itemA, itemB }; 

Feb 23, 2021 8:51
Vote:

Peter - "I see I can edit a promotion and add ExcludedCatalogItems to the promotion Data so that some items aren't on sale.  But my question is how do I create a promotion and add items to the sale?"

For this particular requirement & if you do not want to create a custom promotion then you can do the following solution.

1 - Create a Visitor Group of Criteria "Item in Basket or wish list" - Add SKU 1 and 2 in it.

2 - Now create a promotion where one of your qualifying criteria should be your Visitor Group.

Feb 27, 2021 13:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.