Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to add a order discount automatically in checkout?

Vote:

Hi guys, 

In the website which I am working with, there is a scenario. A customer may have a special payment term e.g. always has 10% off in every order he placed.

I am considering creating a promotion 10% discount and apply the promotion in checkout. The problem is there are various discount percentage on different customer.

Any suggestion how to implement this feature?

Thanks, 

ChiChing

Apr 09, 2020 11:47
Vote:

Hi,

Assuming you only have a small number of discount percentages (e.g. 5%, 10% and 20%) and you have an easy way of identifying which discount the customer should receive, you could set up the discounts and create visitor groups which you could use to apply those discounts to the correct customers.

Apr 09, 2020 13:27
ChiChing Lam - Apr 24, 2020 9:04
Thank you for your suggestions.
Vote:

Hi ChiChing, First you need to extend the visitor group because right now there is no option in commerce criteria where you can directly associate customers with a promotion.

Please refer to David's post and try it.

https://www.david-tec.com/2015/07/creating-a-custom-promotion-with-the-new-episerver-commerce-9-promotion-engine-beta---part-1/

Apr 09, 2020 17:09
Vote:

Hi @Sanjay, I'm not sure that I agree that "there is no option in commerce criteria where you can directly associate customers with a promotion."

The current user guide version provides the following definition of the Personalization field, which you complete when setting up a Marketing campaign:

If you want to limit this campaign to certain visitor group, select them. If you do, only group members can use the campaign's discounts. See also: Commerce-specific criteria.

Apr 09, 2020 19:36
Sanjay Kumar - Apr 10, 2020 17:29
Hi Bob,
Thanks for sharing the help link, But is there any option where we can define a one-to-one mapping between the customer (using visitor group) and promotion (e.g 10% Off, 5% Off, etc.)
Vote:

Hi,

Why not use tired pricing using the customer group? You could segment customers into different customer groups and you should be able to achieve the same.

Ex: If the SKU001 is $10.00

Customer Group 1 price for SKU001 is $9.00 (10% discount)

Customer Group 2 price for SKU001 is $9.50 (5% discount)

And then you can use the price filter to pass the market, min qty and customer group to get the pricing.

Apr 12, 2020 18:23
ChiChing Lam - Apr 24, 2020 9:05
Thank you for your suggestion!
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.