Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exclude targets in promotion when catalogue is selected?

Vote:

Hi!

I'm having a promtion where you can add anything from the catalog and the get discounted price on a few selected items.

In the "Buy at least X items" I have added the catalog, meaning you can select any item.

In the "Get theses entries" I have added a frem specific items.

The problem is that "Get these entries" is a part of the catalogue so if I add one of them to the cart I get the discount without buying anything else which is not the purpose.
Yes, I could choose to add specific items in the "Buy at least..." but then I would have to add every product but not the discounted ones, that would take for ages.

Can I in some way configure the promotion so that it says "buy anything from the catalogue, but if it is any of discounted ones the promotion is not valid" if you understand what I mean?

/Kristoffer

Nov 18, 2020 16:18
Vote:

Hi Kristoffer,

I think you can refer to this guide to do what your need: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/marketing/exclude-products-from-promotions/

Best regards,

Giang.Tran

Jan 14, 2021 8:11
Vote:

Isn't this the same as manually adding items in the "exclude items" UI dialog? I don't want them to be excluded from the promotion, I just want the behavior that the promotion is not valid if you select one of the promoted items. 

/Kristoffer

Jan 14, 2021 9:12
Vote:

Kristoffer - For example, you need to want to give a discount if the customer buys any product with "product A". 

You can create a Visitor Group with Criteria "Product in Cart or Wishlist" with Product A (or similar products)

Now create the campaign and select above create Visitor Group in Campaign as a validator.

Let me know if you need more help.

Feb 03, 2021 21:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.