Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Place orders using 2 different payment methods at same time

Vote:

Hello good people,

We have a requirment of being able to checkout using 2 different credit cards where customer can set the amount to pay with each card.

I wonder if anyone had such a requirement before and what is the best way to achieve it in EPiServer?

I can think of too many scenarios that will need to be handled such as:

What if first tracnsaction passed and the other failed?

What if the admin decided to cancel the order from Commerce Manager and refund the customer?

Thanks!

Sep 06, 2018 0:13
Vote:

It is a bit "Strange" - Commerce supports multiple payments but the most common scenario is when you use gift card + other payment methods, not two same payment methods. But it's just a matter of implementation because the framework does not really care the payment implementation detail, as long as it can call the payment gateway to capture/authorize the payments.

In your case the workflow would look like this:

• Add two payments with specified amount to the order form
  • My memory is a bit rusty now but the calculators/workflows will only care about the "not authorized" payments. So if you are purchasing an order of $500, and with two payments $200 and $300, and the $300 is authorized but $200 is not then you can try again (either with same payment or replace it with new payment). If I am wrong here then you can modify the workflows quite easily.
  • The default cart payment (Authorize.net) will just refund the payments if the order is cancelled (though I am not so sure). But, you can always implement your own payment gateway to handle the refund, as long as the gateway allows it.
Sep 06, 2018 7:28
Vote:

Man, I know it is a strange one but the client likes it for a reason!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Quan. I understand that it depends on our implmentation plan but were just looking for best practices if anyone had same requirement before.

Sep 07, 2018 22:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.