Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Transactions for Cart and custom tables

Vote:

Hi,

I'm using EPiServer Commerce 7.6 and want to create a transaction that spans changes to a cart/purchaseorder and an update to a custom table using SqlHelper.ExecuteReader. 

I've tried using the TransactionScope from MediaChase.Provider.Data which works for the cart.AcceptChanges but not for the custom table, and when I use SqlContext.Current.BeginTransaction()/SqlContext.CurrentTransaction.Commit() (see below) it works for my custom table but not cart.AcceptChanges().

SqlContext.Current.BeginTransaction();

try
{
	if (order.GetWMSeReceiptId() == -1)
	{
// Update of custom table containing a sequence number var receiptId = ConfigurationHelpers.ReceiptId(SqlContext.Current.Transaction); order.SetWMSeReceiptId((int) receiptId); var receiptNumber = IntegrationHelpers.GetReceiptStoreRunningNumber(order); order.SetWMSeReceiptNumber(receiptNumber); order.AcceptChanges(); } _service.SendReceipt(order); order.SetWebShopOrderStatus("WMSeReceiptSent"); order.AcceptChanges(); receiptsSent++; SqlContext.Current.Transaction.Commit(); } catch (Exception exception) { SqlContext.Current.Transaction.Rollback(); throw; }

Any tips?

Brgds

Jonas
Apr 11, 2014 10:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.