Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing Commerce 5.0 SP1 with VS2010

Vote:

Spent a couple of hours last night installing Commerce 5.0 SP1. I installed to a local IIS 7.0 web server running Windows 7 64 bit.

It took several attempts and I had to clean up fully on every failure. Follow the install and post install instructions very carefully.

1) Use a clean EPiServer 6.0 site with no Public Templates first (do NOT install any modules)

2) If you fail clean up everything before re-trying (delete directories, IIS content and SQL databases). I think it was the 8th attempt for me!

3) Essential to get youself a temporary license, if you don't have a full one and put it in DURING the installation

4) I kept 3.5 when converting sample application to VS2010 but you could try .NET 4.0 if you are feeling brave

5) I deleted the following block which I suspect was due to missing assembly ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 . This made a system.web.extensions warning message disappear.  You could install the assembly but I did not fancy that.

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-3.5.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>

6) I have now successfully re-compiled on VS2010 and am working through the Developer manual.

I still have some warning messages and I don't like warning messages!

Dec 01, 2010 10:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.