Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upload file at drag and drop component with upload progress

Vote:

I'm new to Episerver/Optimizely CMS but I'm looking for information if and how it is possible to upload a file to the server at the moment the visitor drops a file in a drag-and-drop component inside an EPI Form, in order to provide upload progress.

It should be possible in some way right? Since it's a de facto standard these days to give the visitors the progress bar of a file that is being uploaded?

I can imagine a controller or service is required to handle this at minimum, I don't know the EPI jargon. Then, at moment of submitting the form, the file(s) should be moved so that the file(s) is available at the default target location?

Jan 03, 2024 11:08
Vote:

Hi Erik, 

I don't think this is doable out of the box. The "harder" way is that you could create a Custom Form Element similar to the FileUploadElementBlock and create a View under "~/Views/Shared/ElementBlocks" where you can add some javascript and logic to support your requirement. 

You could also create a custom form element and a javascript component that handles the progress bar behavior and then create a PostSubmissionActorBase that will get the files uploaded to the client plugin and process the submission. 

If you don't know how to create custom form elements, you could follow this great blog from Allan Thraen https://www.codeart.dk/blog/2020/8/episerver-forms-avoiding-spam-with-a-honeypot/

Jan 04, 2024 17:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.