Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pages created by Scheduled Job, properties not readable when the job runs next

Vote:

Hello all,

I have a custom scheduled job that creates and updates pages from a third-party API.

The initial create and subsequent updates from the external API work fine.  I can push data, but can't seem to pull data for comparison purposes.  Here are the basics in my job:

var svc = ServiceLocator.Current;
var repo = svc.GetInstance<IContentRepository>();
var contentType = svc.GetInstance<IContentTypeRepository>().Load<MyPage>(); 
var contentList = svc.GetInstance<ContentStore>().ListContentOfContentType(contentType, false).ToList();
var myPageLink = contentList?.FirstOrDefault(x => x.Name == myData.Name);
var page = repo.Get<MyPage>(myPageLink.ContentLink);
var clonePage = page.CreateWritableClone() as MyPage;

clonePage.Prop1 = myData.Prop1;
if (clonePage.Prop2 == null)
clonePage.Prop2 = myData.Prop2;

repo.Save(clonePage , SaveAction.Publish, AccessLevel.NoAccess);

When I debug and inspect both the page and the clonePage objects, none of the property values are there.  I would imagine an item that is read or cloned would contain it's values. 

Help!  What am I missing here?

Thanks, Kevin

May 18, 2023 19:26
Vote:

Hi, does 'myPageLink' have a work ID? If so, you will load a specific version of that content, and this version might lack the data you're expecting. If you want to load the latest version of the content, then you can use  repo.Get<MyPage>(myPageLink.ContentLink.ToRefereenceWithoutVersion()).

May 19, 2023 7:35
Kevin Gainey - May 19, 2023 14:04
Thank you Johan! Your suggestion worked perfectly for what I needed.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.