Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE - preventing copying html spacers

Vote:

In Episerver 11, is there a way to prevent TinyMCE from copying in html spacers?   I had plain text in notepad, and tried to copy the text into the wysiwyg editor but it also added   html spacers in between most of the words even when there was one space between them.     I don't recall it doing that before, but just noticed.     Had a client that was wondering why the content was not stretching to the entire width then noticed the issue.

Nov 04, 2021 18:27
Vote:

Does it only happen with specific browsers or does it happen no matter what browser you are editing from? And is it a process of simply copying a paragraph from notepad and pasting into the editor?

Nov 17, 2021 5:23
Vote:

It is how tinymce works. I will report a bug for it to EPiServer/Optimizely TinyMCE.
If you cannot wait for the fix from CMS UI, you can try the suggestions from here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27791824/tinymce-adding-nbsp 

Edited, Nov 17, 2021 19:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.