Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to create a new page under root [Empty Starter project].

Vote:

Hi everyone! I created a new empty starter project and have logged-in to the CMS as admin user created through code. I'm trying to create a new page under Root (Navigation pane area), but the "New Page" option in the context menu is disabled.

I also tried using the "+" icon -> New Page -> Select Page window -> selected "Root" node  -> "Select" button is disabled. Couldn't proceed further.

Root node -> Tools (dropdown) -> All options are disabled (Language Settings, Manage Expiration etc..,)
I'm able to see the admin link menu on the top ribbon area, WebAdmins and WebEditors were the role with which I created the admin user through code.

I have created the page type in Visual Studio, but couldn't create a page. Please assist. Thanks !

Dec 24, 2020 7:51
Vote:

I got the answer. There was another role Administrators that was required for doing these activities.

I modified the code to add the Administrators role. Now those options are enabled! 

private static readonly string[] _roles = { "WebAdmins", "WebEditors", "Administrators" };

I thought that the WebAdmins role would be the master Admin role

Edited, Dec 24, 2020 8:00
Paulson - Dec 24, 2020 8:06
https://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/en/cms-admin/access-rights.htm#:~:text=An%20administrator%20can%20access%20all,up%20or%20maintaining%20the%20website.&text=Comes%20with%20Episerver%20and%20can,add-ons%20and%20visitor%20groups.

https://world.episerver.com/globalassets/documents/manuals/episerver-cms/5-r2/administrators-manual-episerver-cms-5-r2-english-revb.pdf

Got this information about the Administrator role from the above 2 reference links..
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.