Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Initialization fails when starting site (Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)

Vote:

Hi, 

I am quite new with Episerver CMS and I am encountering a failure during the setup on my computer of an existing site. The solution contains a main project and a library project.

IIS has already been setup and db has been imported and configured.

I cannot get access to CMS at all and I get a failure during Initialization. I am sure I am doing some basic error, but I cannot figure it out.

Below is the log from Episerver. What does the "authority" error means in the inner exception?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2019-09-02 10:15:15,930 [1] ERROR EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine: Initialize action failed for 'Initialize on class EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization, EPiServer.Enterprise, Version=10.10.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'
EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform, key "" ---> StructureMap.Building.StructureMapBuildException: Error while building type EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer. See the inner exception for details
1.) new DependentContentTransfer(*Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IContentTypeRepository*, *Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of ISiteDefinitionRepository*, *Default of ContentRootService*)
2.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer
3.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.IDependentContentTransfer (EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer)
4.) new PropertyContentReferenceListTransform(*Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IDependentContentTransfer*)
5.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
6.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
7.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)
---> System.ArgumentException: Authority cannot contain multiple ports
Parameter name: authority
at EPiServer.Web.UriAuthority..ctor(String authority)
at EPiServer.Web.HostDefinition.set_Name(String value)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.HostDefinitionFromReader(IDataRecord r)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.<List>b__4_0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.Internal.SqlDatabaseExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlTransientErrorsRetryPolicy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 method)
at EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultSiteDefinitionRepository.List()
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer..ctor(IContentLoader contentLoader, IContentTypeRepository contentTypeRepository, IPermanentLinkMapper permanentLinkMapper, ISiteDefinitionRepository siteRepository, ContentRootService contentRootService)
at lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Building\BuildPlan.cs:line 151
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 93
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 68
at StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Container.cs:line 337
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.RegisterImportingEventHandlers(IDataImportEvents importerEvents, IServiceLocator factory)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform, key "" ---> StructureMap.Building.StructureMapBuildException: Error while building type EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer. See the inner exception for details
1.) new DependentContentTransfer(*Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IContentTypeRepository*, *Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of ISiteDefinitionRepository*, *Default of ContentRootService*)
2.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer
3.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.IDependentContentTransfer (EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer)
4.) new PropertyContentReferenceListTransform(*Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IDependentContentTransfer*)
5.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
6.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
7.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)
---> System.ArgumentException: Authority cannot contain multiple ports
Parameter name: authority
at EPiServer.Web.UriAuthority..ctor(String authority)
at EPiServer.Web.HostDefinition.set_Name(String value)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.HostDefinitionFromReader(IDataRecord r)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.<List>b__4_0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.Internal.SqlDatabaseExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlTransientErrorsRetryPolicy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 method)
at EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultSiteDefinitionRepository.List()
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer..ctor(IContentLoader contentLoader, IContentTypeRepository contentTypeRepository, IPermanentLinkMapper permanentLinkMapper, ISiteDefinitionRepository siteRepository, ContentRootService contentRootService)
at StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Building\BuildPlan.cs:line 151
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 93
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 68
at StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Container.cs:line 337
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.RegisterImportingEventHandlers(IDataImportEvents importerEvents, IServiceLocator factory)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

Sep 03, 2019 10:07
Vote:

Authority is a part of the url, which consists of username, host and port, usually username@host:port https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier 

it sounds like one or more SiteDefinitions of you have been defined with the faulty host, for example mysite:12:24, which caused the exception...

Sep 03, 2019 11:16
Vote:

The url of the site has been defined in my machine hosts file with a name like mysite.local. Since I have never had access to CMS/admin page, I updated the column Name in database table [tblHostDefinition] to match the chosen url. I have also set the same url in the column SiteUrl of table [tblSiteDefinition].

Sep 03, 2019 11:48
Vote:

I have solved the problem. I wrongly set the Name column in database table [tblHostDefinition] to the full url 'http://mysite.local' instead of using only 'mysite.local'. After the change I can get the site up.

Sep 03, 2019 14:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.