Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Force Refresh of Language Files

Vote:

Hello - 

I am using language files (Resources/LanguageFiles) to manage some content. I built a tool to clear cache. When I clear, it takes the ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache and removes everything. When I did this, I lost my LanguageFile content - on the front end. Labels were missing etc... The only way I could force a refresh of this was to restart the AppPool.

Aside from the obvious (Dont clear the cache that way again) is it possible to force EPiServer to retrieve this content from the Xml files?

Ethan

Sep 18, 2019 19:20
Vote:

are you changing content of the xml files after site has been started?

Sep 19, 2019 8:45
Vote:

As per my knowledge, Episerver CMS is read the file when the application is initialized so everything that in the file at that time it will read those changes but if you are updating the file after the initialization then you need to restart the IIS or AppPool.

Sep 19, 2019 13:56
Vote:

Yes, I am changing the contents (At least during development). Once it goes live, maybe less often.

Sep 19, 2019 18:47
Vote:

Then I think you don't need to worry about it because when you will deploy the changes in future it will automatically trigger the AppPool recycle. so I think you are good to go.

Sep 19, 2019 19:33
Vote:

Take a look at this https://github.com/valdisiljuconoks/LocalizationProvider   

It is pretty powerful in that it will enable you to transition all of your language resources into the DB, and manage them all very effectively within the CMS UI.

Sep 23, 2019 9:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.