Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 11 and SQL Server Web Edition

Vote:

Hi everyone,

For a customer we are considering the use of Sql Server Web edition over the Standard edition.
Does anyone know if there are there limitations in the Web edition or other arguments why it is better to stick to the Standard edition?

thanks in advance!

Jun 24, 2019 10:13
Vote:

Sql Server Web edition supports only 64GB of RAM and does not have SQL Profiler bundled. It also has no "tuning advisor".

I don't see those to be major issues for you, but if you have a very big Episerver site then you might want to stick with Standard edition. 

My recommendation is to consider DXC so you don't have to worry about all of these.

Jun 24, 2019 10:55
Vote:

Hi Quan, yes we are also considering the DXC but we also have to consider the on premise option. 

Regarding the requirements, we don't need 64gb and the tuning adviser so I guess we are good with the Web edition.

thanks!

Jun 24, 2019 11:26
Vote:

For a small/medium site the web edition works very good and regarding Profiler I think you can run SQL Trace (that is the thing running when running Profiler) on it.

So I think you will be fine with web edition.

Jun 24, 2019 20:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.