Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to bypass Cloudflare on the DXC

Vote:

Hi All 

Anyone know what Url i could use to bypass Cloudflare ? 

I need to upload a file bigger than 500MB and keep on getting the following message : 413 Request Entity Too Large

After a bif of reasearch i have found these limits in place from Cloudflare and only way I can import the file would be to bypass cloudflare : 

Depending on the plan your domain is subscribed to, Cloudflare limits data uploads to the following sizes:

• 100MB Free
  • 100MB Pro
  • 200MB Business
  • 500MB Enterprise by default (contact Customer Support to request unlimited data uploads)

The upload limits apply only if you have Cloudflare enabled (Orange cloud next to the DNS records on the DNS settings page). For example, if your domain is subscribed to the Pro plan, a visitor to your website can upload data up to 100MB, per request. This limit overrides any upload limit you may have set over a 100MB at your origin.

If you require to upload resources larger than these limits, you can either do that by uploading chunks smaller than the above thresholds, or you can upload the full resource through a grey-clouded DNS record so that Cloudflare is bypassed.

May 30, 2019 19:10
Vote:

Hi,

You can bypass the CDN by using the xxx.azurewebsites.net address. E.g. if your DXC-S subscription is x.dxcloud.episerver.net you can also access the web app through x.azurewebsites.net But in this case I would assume it's better to upload in chunks.

May 30, 2019 21:01
Vote:

When trying .azurewebsites.net I get the message this WebApp has stopped

May 30, 2019 21:05
Vote:

It should work, I use that address all the time to bypass the CDN.

May 30, 2019 21:15
Vote:

Cheers Johan, I will raise a ticket with Episerver then.

May 30, 2019 21:41
Vote:

Episerver now has Origin Shield which specifically prevents this for security reasons. 

Johan may have a custom configuration to enable him to do this.

Pinging Episerver Support is the right way forward here.

May 31, 2019 3:05
Vote:

FWIW, even without cloudflare I would think the settings in the web.config would also be in play. https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2014/8/Upload-media-file-Timed-out-or-max-file-size-exceeded/ 

May 31, 2019 21:46
Vote:

Ah yea already sorted file size issue out it was just the limits on cloudflare causing me issues.

I went via Support and they helped perform the import for me

May 31, 2019 23:06
Vote:

Cool, just wanted to throw that out there for anyone else having issues. I ran into the size issue running a site locally that I had to import a 1 1/2 gig export file into.

May 31, 2019 23:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.