Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Local environment: Server Error in '/' Application, The network path was not found.

Vote:

Hi dear Episerver community!

I have recurring error that my local development environment stops working if I am not using in often. I used to be able to fix it by simply setting up the project again but unfortunately that does not work anymore. I have been searching the forums and although I did find threads regarding the same error message, I did not manage to find anyone with the same problem as me, so hopefully some kind soul can point me into the right direction.

I am having trouble understanding the stack trace, so if someone could help me interpret it I would be so grateful.

An error seems to occur in the file here: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7afda23e\fd9202eb\App_global.asax.0.cs

I have tried removing the folders located in the directory "Temporary ASP.NET Files/root". Also I have made sure that I have the rights to write and modify that directory.

Here is the stack trace:

[IOException: The network path was not found.
]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +1091
   System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost) +1394
   System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost) +92
   NuGet.PhysicalFileSystem.AddFileCore(String path, Action`1 writeToStream) +58
   EPiServer.Packaging.Repositories.RepositoryConfigProvider.SaveDocument(IFileSystem fileSystem, XDocument document) +127
   EPiServer.Packaging.Repositories.RepositoryConfigProvider.GetDocument(IFileSystem fileSystem) +346
   EPiServer.Packaging.Repositories.RepositoryConfigProvider.GetRepositoryId(IFileSystem configFileSystem) +48
   EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.StateStorage..ctor(DynamicDataStoreFactory storeFactory, ServiceAccessor`1 databaseHandlerAccessor, IRepositoryConfigProvider repositoryConfigProvider) +103
   lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext ) +307

[StructureMapBuildException: Error while building type EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.StateStorage.  See the inner exception for details
1.) new StateStorage(*Default of DynamicDataStoreFactory*, *Default of ServiceAccessor<IDatabaseHandler>*, *Default of IRepositoryConfigProvider*)
2.) EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.StateStorage
3.) Instance of EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.IStateStorage (EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.StateStorage)
4.) new PackageStateRepository(*Default of IStateStorage*)
5.) EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.PackageStateRepository
6.) Instance of EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.IPackageStateRepository (EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.PackageStateRepository)
7.) new StateService(*Default of IPackageStateRepository*, *Default of ISitePackageManager*, *Default of IPackageSorter*)
8.) EPiServer.Packaging.Notification.StateService
9.) Instance of EPiServer.Packaging.Notification.IStateService (EPiServer.Packaging.Notification.StateService)
10.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Packaging.Notification.IStateService)
]
   lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext ) +1250
   StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) +142
   System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) +71
   StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) +203
   StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) +175
   StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) +398
   EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key) +54

[ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type IStateService, key ""]
   EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key) +155
   EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance() +54
   EPiServer.Packaging.<>c__DisplayClassa.<Initialize>b__8(Object sender, EventArgs args) +88

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +128
   System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args) +153
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.OnInitComplete() +236
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ExecuteTransition(Boolean continueTransitions) +208
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.EngineExecute(HostType hostType, Action`1 engineAction) +423
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +225
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +103
   Coin.Web.Global..ctor() +37
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7afda23e\fd9202eb\App_global.asax.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +139
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +105
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +1431
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +184
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +27
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +79
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +178
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +341

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +523
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +107
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +688

Please, let me know if there is any more information neeeded. Thank you so much for you time and help. 

Mar 28, 2019 9:53
Vote:

It seems like you have configured add-ons to use a network path? Check your configurations files for network paths. If those are correct, then make sure you can actually access them.

Mar 28, 2019 17:57
Vote:

Hi @joyu01

It seems like some configuration settings are not placed properly in configuration file. Could you please compare the configuration with the working solution.

And please check the all the services those are using the network path. Like - database connection/blobs storage etc.

Please refer below URL if it helps

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Configuration/Configuring-episerverpackaging/

Thanks

Ravindra

Edited, Mar 30, 2019 9:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.