Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extend UI Custom Scheduled Job

Vote:

Hello everyone

Is there a way to extend the UI for additionnal parameters of a custom Scheduled Job created from C# code? If so, how? If not, how would you recommand to pass user input to the scheduled job?

Regards,

Martin Ouimet

Nov 22, 2018 18:23
Vote:

you can extend UI in that area (despite that source code is not available and code behind is compiled). for example this guy extends UI and adds simple small button with extra functionality.

there is also a module that enables to pass user specified parameters for the scheduled job, but... it's old and seems none cares about that problem anymore.

more info - here and here (this is for episerver 7.5).

Nov 23, 2018 8:03
Vote:

This post does describes how to pass custom parameters to a scheduled job implementation (note the oringal post has been removed and this is the archived version):

http://web.archive.org/web/20160304174341/http://www.dotcentric.co.uk/blog/2015-03-16-a-re-usable-episerver-scheduled-job-with-parameters/

David

Nov 23, 2018 16:31
Vote:

@David - I already linked to that post

Nov 23, 2018 17:01
Vote:

Lol sorry I didn't see that one. It's why I post my links like this: www.usefulplace.com rather than this ;)

Nov 23, 2018 18:01
Vote:

Hi Martin,

One potential way to do this without customising the UI of the job is to store the settings on the homepage of the site. It depends on what variables you need to pass in but there are some instances where this is easier for the editors to control. An example from a site I have worked on recently was a scheduled job that generated static error pages from content items in the cms. The content item to use was selected in the settings tab of the homepage (restricted to super admin users only).

so, i guess this approach is best for when the job will need the same values each time it is run.

Sam

Nov 26, 2018 13:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.