Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epsierver Search Not working.

Vote:

Hi Everyone,

So in the Episerver admin, the image and product search doesn't seem to work. My issue is that when I search things, it says no results. The weird thing is that on my staging server, which has pretty much the same code base, I do get results so I know I'm close.

My main site is HTTPS, but I made an exception for the svc to allow HTTP requests. I do get the response I'd except when navigating to it.

My web.config has the rules I'd would expect and that i've read I need...

I've got the svc handler reference..

I've got the web service reference..

in this code snippet I've removed my hostname and replaced with with domainname.com as an example.

I've also confirmed WCF is installed, which is is, and I wouldn't have gotten the above message if it wasnt'.

Yet... still no results. Any ideas?

May 19, 2017 20:50
Vote:

Bump! :)

May 25, 2017 22:29
Vote:

Do you get errors in the log files?

I had a similar issue some time ago where there were problems with annonymous access to the search URL which looks somewhat similar to what you report.

May 29, 2017 8:53
Vote:

2 ideas to try:
-add the ipAddress attribute to <add name="local" description="local" allowLocal="true" readonly="false" ipAddress="" />
or
Download and install the 7.5 episerver search msi from World.. You can upgrade the service later to the new version 8 I believe.
http://world.episerver.com/download/Episerver-CMS/?Version=7.5

And then configure (web config) your site to use this indexing service site and its index folder. You can copy the config from this indexing service site into your site's web config.

May 29, 2017 10:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.