Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Call Episerver blocks on page at runtime.

Vote:

Hi,

I am creating a funnel which is like a process flow vertically created. where user will see some options (say 5) to choose from. Once user clicks on one of the option, related next step will get open which again will have some options to choose from and so on till the end where user will get an answer.

I am planning to create a tree structure where each option will be a page. 

Instead of rendering information of all of these pages at once, I want to render the these pages at runtime. So, when user will click on any option, I will have server call, get the next step information from page and show it in funnel without refreshing the page.

There is also a requirement that the option on parent step you have selected, that information will be used sommewhere below in funnel, so I need to store that information somewhere.

So, Which will be the best approach, is it creating pages or we can achieve this using blocks?

How can I call page information or block at runtime and show it in a page?

anyones help will be appreciated.

I am using EPiServer CMS 9.3 version. 

Regards,

Sanket 

Feb 17, 2016 10:37
Vote:

Hi

Since you are going to make a tree structure, I think pages would serve the purpose best.

For loading the information when the user clicks the different choices without having to reload the whole page, you should probably use ajax in one way or another.

Feb 17, 2016 15:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.