Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import with KeepIdentity=true fails

Vote:

I have exported a bunch of pages from an existing EPi (7.0) site. I need to import these to a new EPi 8.0 site. If I set option KeepIdentity=true during the import no pages are imported. Setting KeepIdentity=false imports the pages correctly (although are GUIDs and links between pages are wrong)

What am I doing wrong? Why are the pages not imported? I need KeepIdentity=true. 

Jul 24, 2015 16:52
Vote:

When KeepIdentity is set to true will the importer for each content first check if there already is a content item present with the same id as the one being imported. If not a new item is created, if one is already present it will compare the save date for the existing item and the item in the import package and then if the item in the import package is newer than the existing then will the item be updated, otherwise is the item skipped.

So a cause to that nothing is imported could be that there already exist an item with same identity and it has same or newer save date. If you turn on logging for DEBUG level perhaps that can give some clue to what is happening.

Jul 27, 2015 8:11
Vote:

Thanks, checking the debug log gave me the answer. There were already pages with the same page ids in database.

Jul 27, 2015 10:04
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.