Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Itera.Property.PropertyFolderUrl error while upgrading the site from 6R2 to 7

Vote:

Hi ,

I am working on upgrading the site from CMS 6R2 to 7. I have already solved many issues occuring while upgrading but I am stuck presently at this and is finding no solution in Internet to go forward.

I am witnessing this error:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Itera.Property.PropertyFolderUrl. Both 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PageDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' and 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' matches 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute'. 

I have changed the PageDefinitionTypePlugIn to PropertyDefinitionTypePlugIn whereever it is used in custom properties . I have also searched in my website and in one page i found the use of Itera.property class here is the code

if (isMainBodyForProfileActivated)
            {

Itera.Examples.Property.PropertyMulitPageLinks multiProp = new Itera.Examples.Property.PropertyMulitPageLinks();

multiProp.ParseToSelf(PageReference.StartPage.GetProperty("MultiContent"));

foreach (PageData page in multiProp.GetPages())
                {
                    if (!PageReference.IsNullOrEmpty(page.PageLink) && page.ACL.QueryDistinctAccess(EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel.Read))
                    {                        
                        contentDiv.InnerHtml = page.GetStringProperty("MainBody").ToString();

break;
                    }
                }

ctrlBody.Visible = false;
            }

but after removing this also the problem exist. Can anybody help me with this?

Oct 13, 2015 12:01
Vote:

My sugestions is to remove that property completly and rewrite it with new approach. I have had the same experience and we did not upgrade the website instead we migrate the content of the website to a new cms 7 website with complete new code.

It could be the fact that you actually need to change stuff regarding the custom property directly into the database. This is a generic error and not related to Itera property since you will get this error with a lot of custom properties.

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/EPiServer-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2013/1/Using-old-custom-properties-in-CMS-7/

Oct 15, 2015 15:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.