Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Running scheduled job gets error 'Could not load file or assembly'

Vote:

I'm running EPiServer CMS 7.13.3 with the corresponding version of Commerce. And i am having som trouble with the scheduled jobs.

When running scheduled, the jobs sometimes receives the following error

Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Commerce.Sample' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

We're running a modified version of the commerce sample site, on one server. We have set the enableScheduler to false on our developer machines and efter profiling the db i can see that it is only the production server running the jobs.

The jobs that are failing is custom developed jobs using the guide with Scheduled Parameters job found here.

What can be the cause of this problem. Because sometimes the job is successfull, running scheduled, and it is always successfull running it manual from the admin interface.

Sep 26, 2014 13:20
Vote:

I found out what was causing the issue now. The commerce manager is the problem. it fetches cms jobs and tries to run them. But the assemblies aren't present in the bin folder of the commerce manager. Is there a way of making sure the commerce manager doesn't run the jobs?

Sep 26, 2014 15:35
Vote:

Hi,

We also found this problem and it was fixed - the fix will be released soon.

In the meanwhile you can try to set enableScheduler =false  in CM web.config, like this:

Regards.

/Q

Sep 26, 2014 16:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.