Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

What is default behavior when using the "manage expiration and archiving" function?

Vote:

Hi

When I use the "manage expiration and archiving" function everything seems to work but with an unwanted twist.

If I only choose to expire it (not move/archive the page), it is for sure set to an expired status.

But if I choose to both expire it and move/archive it, the page is moved to the correct place in the tree BUT it is still published. Is that corret behavior or is it a bug? Should not the page be in an expired mode even if it is archived?

/Michael

Mar 23, 2021 16:31
Vote:

It seems like archiving functionality move the expired page but make it publish and to me, it's a Bug. 

Probably the workaround is to achieve content and then expire. 

if you manually move expired content then it remains expired. 

Mar 25, 2021 21:17
Michael Gustafson - Mar 26, 2021 9:58
I´m not sure if it is a bug. I think it is the default behavior but it should really not work like this. The page should remain its expired status even after it has been archived.
Vote:

It works as you describe. 

When you mark the content as expired, the content will be expired.
If you select a new location archiving, the scheduled job 'Archive function' will move the page, and republish it.

I have worked on a project that diseabled the built-in 'Archive function' and created a new scheduled job that moved expired pages, preserving the expired status.

Edited, Mar 26, 2021 9:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.