Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Warning at startup: Could not load type 'EPiServer.Core.PropertyXForm', falling back to base type instead

Vote:

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea, why do I find in my Episerver Log the following entry 519 times in the log file each time I start up the project? 2019-09-03 12:51:11,089;[9];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Core.PropertyXForm', falling back to base type instead

We do not use XForms in the project and I can only find references to it in web.config, I guess which came with the installation.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 03, 2019 15:00
Vote:

PropertyXForm is an old type that was removed in favor of EPiServer.Forms. It sounds like you have one or more properties defined with that type...If you look into [tblPropertyDefinitionType] table, you probably find them there 

Sep 03, 2019 17:08
fuji - Oct 12, 2021 7:02
Hey! If you say it was replaced by EPiServer.Forms, does that mean that XForm is obsolete and can be just removed from the solution? Thanks!
Quan Mai - Oct 12, 2021 8:57
yes, if you no longer use it, you should remove it
Vote:

Thanks for your answer. It is in tblPropertyDefinitionType, but if I join tblPropertyDefinition, there is nothing, am I making the correct join?
select pd.pkID, pdt.*
from tblPropertyDefinition pd
right outer join tblPropertyDefinitionType pdt on pdt.pkID = pd.fkPropertyDefinitionTypeID
where pdt.TypeName like '%XForm%'

pkID	pkID	Property	Name	TypeName	AssemblyName	fkContentTypeGUID
NULL	13	6	XForm	EPiServer.Core.PropertyXForm	EPiServer.XForms	NULL
Sep 03, 2019 17:23
Vote:

That looks correct. You probably want to try to delete the PropertyDefinitionType (note: proceed with backups and caution) to see if that is enough to get rid of the warning log 

Sep 03, 2019 20:21
Vote:

Thanks, it helped indeed and the system seems to be working fine without it.

Could this be some leftover from earlier CMS versions after a migration? Right now using CMS 11.11.

Are there any risks doing this, could this break something? We are definitely not using XForms in our code and using only the Languages Addon.

There are other similar warnings, they might be connected, but these are only 5 line of warnings in the log, not so bad. Although they cannot be found in table tblPropertyDefinitionType:

2019-09-04 10:56:53,222;[7];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Forms.EditView.SpecializedProperties.PropertyEmailTemplateActorList', falling back to base type instead
2019-09-04 10:56:53,227;[7];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Forms.EditView.SpecializedProperties.PropertyFieldMappingCollection', falling back to base type instead
2019-09-04 10:56:53,230;[7];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Forms.EditView.SpecializedProperties.PropertyConnectedDataSourceCollection', falling back to base type instead
2019-09-04 10:56:53,233;[7];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Forms.EditView.SpecializedProperties.PropertyOptionList', falling back to base type instead
2019-09-04 10:56:53,237;[7];WARN;EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType;Could not load type 'EPiServer.Forms.EditView.SpecializedProperties.PropertyWebhookActorList', falling back to base type instead
Edited, Sep 04, 2019 13:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.