Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Asset pane search does not work

Vote:

Navigation pane search works fine.  I can type in a name in the search box and it will give search results suggestions.

If I do the same on the assets pane on any tab I get no results suggestions.

We're using Find.  Any ideas?

Sep 05, 2018 16:01
Vote:

I suspect the items are not being indexed in Find.

I would first of all suggestion navigating to your Find Overview, where you will be able to identify all content items that have been indexed and filter by the media types you think you are missing. The aim here is to confirm whether it exists in the index or not. 

If you confirm that they are not in the index, that could be because they have been marked to not be indexed. This could have been done on purpose (to reduce the number of items in the Find index maybe?) through the use of some initialisation code like this:

ContentIndexer.Instance.Conventions.ForInstancesOf<ImageFile>().ShouldIndex(x => false);
Sep 10, 2018 8:01
Vote:

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Sep 10, 2018 9:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.