Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

LicenseException: [ReportStatus] The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Vote:

Recently I have seen this error several times in an Episerver Commerce (hosted on Azure) log file:

LicenseException: [ReportStatus] The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

EPiServer.Licensing.Services.LicenseWebApi.Execute[Tout](Func`2 f, String actionName):227

EPiServer.Licensing.Internal.CloudLicenseValidator.ValidateAndSaveLicense(String activationKey, IEnumerable`1 sites, IEnumerable`1 servers, Boolean skipProductLicenseCheck):169

EPiServer.Licensing.Internal.CloudLicenseValidator.Validate(String accessKey, Boolean skipProductLicenseCheck):54

Does this indicate that Episerver license server has issues or is this related to the license on my site?

Jan 02, 2018 8:45
Vote:

It is their server that have issues, we see it quite freaquently too.

We also see these other two errors with the same stacktrace:

[ReportStatus] The operation has timed out
[ReportStatus] The remote name could not be resolved: 'cloud-api.episerver.com'
Jan 02, 2018 15:39
Sushmita - Sep 28, 2020 10:10
Hi Erik,

Did you get the answers for the above. in my site i too can see the operation time out error for License ??

Let me know if you found something
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.