Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Restricting content access on a page

Vote:

I would like to restrict content access on an Article page by showing only a snapshot of the page and showing a message to users to login or purchase a subscription if they would like to continue, sort of like what wall street journal does for example. I was wondering what's the best way to achieve this. I was thinking of using the Personalization feature with visitor groups restrictions on each content block but the more I think about it, it makes sense to use a field / property at a page level which can accept visitor groups as input and I can may be write some custom code to hide the full content and display a content restriction message. Do you know if it's possible to create a field like this? or is there a better way to achieve this functionality. Thank you!

Edited, Aug 29, 2016 15:50
Vote:

You could solve it all using Visitor Groups (or more likely just Security Roles) but it's probably smarter to add some custom code to a page template.

Aug 31, 2016 21:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.