Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best practice or advice for new Angular2 SPA within existing EPiServer7 CMS

Vote:

I work for an enterprise that leverages an existing WebForms site wired up into an EPiServer7 instance. We are looking to begin incorporating a new SinglePageApp within that existing site, using Angular2. The SPA will leverage a new RESTful API to fetch data/content. The new pages we create in Angular2 should be able to leverage content created and manicured within EPi, yet we do not know how that EPi content should be configured, or what's the best approach to integrate the SPA pages to that yet-to-be-created EPi content.

I have several questions, but I will limit this request to my main concern/question... What is the best way to setup content within EPi for SinglePageApps, and what is the recommended approach in fetching that data? 

Assume we have minimal exposure to EPi knowledge up to this point. 

Jul 01, 2016 20:41
Vote:

1. Start by defining your data model and structure. Build content types to match. Need a product entity, create a matching content type and fields...

2. Expose Episerver content in a .NET Web API. REST is good. You will need to build it on top of the existing Episerver API using mainly the ICONTENTREPOSITORY to fetch content from the structure. I would have a separate project in VS for this. Your main site will consume this API.

3. Create simple views for editors for preview. These can be built without angular or SPA. They are just for previewing content in a decent way. Use Alloy site architecture for this part.

Jul 01, 2016 21:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.