Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Block to provide drop down list version 7.19

Vote:

Hi,

Please see http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2016/8/block-to-provide-dropdown-list/

I know I can acheive this with PropertyList in version 9 or above but I need to implement this in an older version, 7.19, which I can't upgrade at the moment.

Any suggestions much appreciated?

Mark

Dec 09, 2016 16:00
Vote:

How about using the StringList property in the alloy template?

Or just a comma seperated string

Edited, Dec 10, 2016 9:59
Vote:

<p>Hi Per,</p> <p>I've checked a couple of Alloy projects and can't find where the StringList property is being used, can you provide a hint please?</p> <p>That might work for a simple select list but we have an extended version for checkboxes that have an image. The PropertyList&lt;T&gt; worked really well for this and the only other thing I can think to do is replace this with a content area and provide a block for each item but this seems a bit cumbersome.</p>
Dec 12, 2016 12:06
Vote:

The UniqueSellingPoints property on the ProductPage.

However, if you need more something more advanced, the safest way is probably a content area. Unless you want to build something custom. I think I would have gone for blocks though.

Dec 12, 2016 12:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.