Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Search limitations?

Vote:

I’ve a question regarding the Episerver default search integration and Find. I’m about to start a solution where I keep the number of templates low. Lets say for now I have a template with a header and a footer. In this template I want to enable different blocks so that the editor has a lot of freedom to edit the pages.

1. Is the default search solution, hosted in a separate Azure Website capable of indexing the content of the entire page even if its composed with blocks?
  2. Is the default search engine capable of indexing files like PDF?
  3. I’ve seen the limitations on the Episerver documentation.

When not, does Episerver Find cover these requirements (indexing blocks on a page and PDF)?

Oct 17, 2016 11:50
Vote:

To enable the indexing of blocks with your main content you can you use my workaround

Regarding indexing PDF files, though I'm not sure if it's still required, you will need to install the appropriate iFilters

Oct 17, 2016 12:50
Vote:

Thank you for the usefull answer Jeroen. Do you know if Find has the capabilities out-of-the-box to index the blocks content?

Oct 18, 2016 9:51
Vote:

Yes, it does.

Oct 18, 2016 9:54
Vote:

Is it based on crawling?

Oct 18, 2016 10:05
Vote:

no, if you want crawling with find, you will need an additional license, I think

Oct 18, 2016 10:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.