Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

About Episerver cms External link issue

Vote:

Hi ,

We have some dynamic landing page links url need to be configured on cms page,I used linkcollection,but I find that there is the problem:if external link host is current host,then we save that and published.after this we come back again to edit link,the external link will be changed to page link,but front end link is correct.I think that this issue has to be fixed, because we will always have the current host, the pages are dynamicly created and cant be accesed any other way.so is this a bug for external link?or other way need to deal with case?

Thanks.

Aug 03, 2015 12:45
Vote:

To sum it up, the behavior you are seeing is by design.

However, a lot of people on World are feeling that this "feature" is actually causing more headache than helping. 

According to one of the replies in this thread a request has been sent to get this changed.

Aug 05, 2015 10:41
Vote:

@GerjanH

Thanks for your reply.It's really headache.We have used the latest version episerver.Hope it will be solved as soon as possible.otherwise we need to change it to input on tinyMCE.

Aug 05, 2015 11:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.