Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't user a Base PageType in EPiServer 8

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a new EPiServer 8 project. Everything works fine until it comes to adding a class BasePage which is our base page type. It looks something like this:

public abstract class BasePage : PageData 
{
}

Then I add a start pagetype:

[ContentType(DisplayName = "StartPage", GUID = "fd1968a7-91cd-4916-af8b-c0b906f93c32", Description = " ")]
public class StartPage : BasePage
{}

The problem is that when I then add the StartPage to the tree in EPiServer it can't be edited. It appears in the tree but I cannot do anything else with it. Not edit it, not publish it, nothing. Nothing appears in the EPiServer UI at all. 

It works if StartPage inherits from PageData instead. And the above code also works in EPiServer 7.5. SO it seems like there is a problem with EPiServer 8 in combination with inherited page types. Anyone else got this problem?

May 07, 2015 15:09
Vote:

Hi Anders,

Which version of EPiServer are you using? I tested your code (with empty BasePage) with EPi 8.3.0 and 8.5.0. Works fine.

Perhaps you have something inside BasePage that's causing the problem?

May 07, 2015 15:35
Vote:

Hmm, that's weird. I'm using the latest version through Nuget. I'm gonna try it on a different machine with a clean database and a clean installation and see if it solves the problem.

EDIT: Did everything exactlty the same way on a different machine and everything worked perfectly. I hate IT...

Thanks for the help Dejan.

Edited, May 07, 2015 15:52
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.