Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Issue with blob generation on prod server

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm having issues with images not being generated on the live server. Getting this exception.

The App_Data folder and the Blobs folder are there (I created them). Also allowed Read/Write access to the site.

Anyone point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Kevin

2015-12-03 05:40:51,752 [9] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error(:0) - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\EPiServer\Sites\xxxxx\App_Data\blobs\968eed057a424aa69cba6db34abf5a11\e6b6a9b869714ea485f3fd17c38b537f.png'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.TransmitFile(String filename, Int64 offset, Int64 length)
at EPiServer.Web.BlobHttpHandler.ProcessRequestAsyncInternal(HttpContextWrapper context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Dec 03, 2015 23:14
Vote:

It seems like there is a reference to the PNG-file in the database, but you don't have the file on disk. Have you copied the database from another environment without copying the blobs as well?

Dec 06, 2015 15:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.