Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Mirroring on load balanced server

Vote:

I am setting up EPiServer mirroring services on our website which is hosted on our front end servers and editing (staging) server. Content is edited on the staging/editing server and then we are using the mirroring services to update the content onto the front end server.

Source and Target EPiServer mirroring services are installed and setup, however when I try to "Check System" when editing the mirroring job then it gives me an error:

Mirroring job: 'Mirroring Service Job'
State: Validation failed
Could not create instance of content type "ImageFile" since it has an invalid .NET class associated: [Project].Models.Media.ImageFile, [Project], Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

I have read somewhere that I need to upgrade the EPiServer version as it was a known bug which has been fixed on release 7.6...?

Has anyone come accross this kind of an issue? How did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jan 26, 2015 17:22
Vote:

Hi

The message is quite clear. It looks like the mirrored site is missing the assembly which contains ImageFile type. You'll need to copy that assembly over.

Regards.

/Q

Jan 27, 2015 2:57
Vote:

Message may be clear but it is not correct. Everything has been copied OK, I can see the ImageFile in the Admin mode of the website and can get the record on the database. Why has this been reported as a potential bug and that "the latest" release fixes it?! Anyway, thanks for your prompt response on this Quan, appreciate your efforts.

Jan 28, 2015 9:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.