I am converting our site (www.activesolution.se) to a Windows Azure website and it has gone pretty good but I have one error I have not been able to solve. The error does not show in development where I use the same database as in test in Windows Azure only in the Azure Website. The error is that this request:
Is giving me a 500-error and this message
Page could not be loaded
The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link.
I have WARN in logging and I do not get any error message in the log so I am not shore how to debug this and the error makes it impossible to edit anything so I must solve it somehow.
Anyone got any clue on how to debug this more?
I changed to ALL in logging mode and there are no logging when doing this request, so it is very hard to know what is going wrong :(
Have not tried it myself but the have added remote debugging support to Azure websites. Perhaps that and nuget packages with source files can help you?
Thanks Johan, I was just going to try out the remote debugging but it might not give anything, since there is no error thrown what I can see, the page behind is picking up the error and showing a friendly version it seems like.
Absolutly will the source code help me, can you point out what class and file to look in?
It appears that we do not publish our nuget packges with source publically.
However I have heard that the latest version of Reflector comes with a handy feature that makes it possible to debug into third party code, see http://www.red-gate.com/products/dotnet-development/reflector/debugging. It is licensed but I guess you could take a trial period.
Ok.Will try that out.
Johan, I found out what is the problem
I have Spellchecker installed in the site and after deploy to Azure, it can't find it:
System.ArgumentException: Unable to find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'Parameter name: moduleAssembly at EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToResource(Assembly moduleAssembly, String moduleRelativeResourcePath) at EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToResource(Type typeInModuleAssembly, String moduleRelativeResourcePath) at EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker.Helpers.ModuleHelper.ToResource(String virtualPath) at EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker.SpellCheckerPlugin.GetConfigurationOptions() at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.RegisterPlugin(TinyMCEPlugIn plugin) at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.AddToolbarRow(IList`1 buttonNames) at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.AddSettings(TinyMCESettings settings) at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.TinyMCEInitOptions..ctor(InitType initType, IDictionary`2 options, TinyMCESettings settings, IContent content) at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.ObjectEditing.EditorDescriptors.XhtmlStringEditorDescriptor.ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes) at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.ApplyExtendersToMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes, IEnumerable`1 metadataHandlers) at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.GetMetadataForProperties(ExtendedMetadata parent, Object container, Type containerType, IMetadataProvider customProvider) at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtendedMetadata.get_Properties() at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.ObjectEditing.SettingsPanelMetadataExtender.ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes) at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.ApplyExtendersToMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes, IEnumerable`1 metadataHandlers) at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.CreateMetadata(IEnumerable`1 attributes, Type containerType, Func`1 modelAccess
This is in the AppData-folders modules and modulesrepro, maby I have to upload them manually with ftp
The page was logging, my site was just not doing the logging, now it logs all as error
Solved it.It was spellchecker that was not properly installed after converting to Windows Azure.
I solved it by removing spellchecker from the site
Good to know is that addon can be a problem in Windows Azure