Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Tinymce overwrite other properties

Vote:

I am having a page (the startpage) in episerver 7.5 that has many diffrent tabs with many properties thats can be changed with tinymce. We also use @Html.ProprtyFor(x => x.Property) for some of them in the views so that editors may change the content without entering the editor-section.

The problem is that when I change (what I think is) the most recent added tinymce-property in editor-mode and Publish the site, other properties in other tabs get overwritten with the text from that field. This gets really serious because the site-editor may ruin alot of content that shows on the startpage.

This is a problem I didnt noticed from the beginning, what can cause such a bug?

May 07, 2014 11:27
Vote:

Sounds like this problem, which was fixed in 7.6.0.

Edited, May 08, 2014 10:49
Vote:

Yeah, it does! Sounds like I have to update my tinymce version. Im not sure how tinymce is installed. But I cant find the source-files to check out my version. The only thing I find is /Util/Editor/tinymce/plugins/ where it's only custom editor_plugin.js. I also tried updating it via episerver-addons from this guide but there is nothing for me to update.

Is there another way of updating tinymce?

Edited, May 09, 2014 8:45
Vote:

Starting with version 7.6 of the EPiServer CMS user interface, including Tiny MCE, is updated from the episerver nuget feed.

Here's instructions for updating from the nuget feed.

May 09, 2014 9:10
Vote:

What I can see I got Episerver.CMS.UI version 7.8.0 already installed. Does that mean I already got a recent version of tinymce? 

May 09, 2014 10:06
Vote:

Seems you're on the latest release, and that bug should be fixed in your version.

How many editor instances do you have and on how many tabs?
Does this happen in "All Properties" mode or when editing "On Page"?

May 09, 2014 12:40
Vote:

I got 7 custom tabs with a total of 14 XHTMLString-property that uses the tinymce-editing, those are only editable from the "On-Page Editing" it's here the the latest added XHTMLString overwrites the text of other fields.

I also got the content tab with 10 properties editable directly from the preview of the page, they all use @Html.PropertyFor in the view. The types for these are string or XHTMLString. These do not overwrite other fields. But a field that's been overwritten can sometimes reset the latest added field if the text is changed back.

May 09, 2014 14:32
Vote:

It sounds like there's still some sort of timing issue when setting up the XHTML editor, and since it's a bit tricky to reproduce we'd really appreciate if you'd file a support case to provide the steps for reproducing this problem.

May 12, 2014 10:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.