Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error Creating Relate Site with Deployment Centre

Vote:

I'm trying to create a Relate site using deployment center and it seemingly fails with an error that the login failed for the database user created for the site i.e. I specify usrSiteUser and the login fails for this.

The process then rolls back but does not complete as there is a file lock error when trying to delete the site (but that's another story).

I would like to know what causes the initial error and prevent it, at the moment I can't create a Relate site. Has anybody encountered this before?

For info I select Windows authentication in step 2 to access the database and I am logged onto the server as administrator. I have also logged in to SQL Server Management Studio using Windows authentication as the administrator and can create a database successfully.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

May 29, 2014 13:46
Vote:

For information this was caused as the SQL Server only had Windows Authentication enabled. Enabling mixed mode resolved the issue.

Jul 04, 2014 11:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.