Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Update site without using Nuget

Vote:

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to update a site without using Nuget and what would be involved. For reasons out of my control I have a development environment that does not have internet access (and never will) and in the first instance I need to upgrade to the latest version of CMS/Relate and I need to add Find to the project.

Now I could bring the code back to my standard environment, update and send back to the non internet environment and this would be ok for the project setup but once the project is in full development (and after release to live) this will not be possible.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received as always.

Mark

Mar 28, 2014 10:05
Vote:

Maybe you could download the nuget packages and put them in a local nuget feed in your offline dev. environment.

So,

1. Using an environment that has a internet connection, use nuget to download all episerver packages that you need.
  2. Copy all *.nupkg files from the nuget packages folder to your offline dev. environment
  3. In the offline environment, add a new nuget package source and point it to the folder where you copied the nupkg files.
Mar 28, 2014 10:26
Vote:

Keep in mind that you will need an internet connection in order to connect to the Find dev. indexes. :-)

Mar 28, 2014 10:28
Vote:

Hi Per,

That sounds like a good strategy, I don't suppose you know the format of the URL in order to download the packages. I've tried guessing a few options based on the feed address but no joy so far.

Good point about the Find indices but we're covered on this front as we're using the on premise version in the same environment.

Thanks,

Mark

Mar 28, 2014 12:05
Vote:

I think the easiest way to download the packages would be install them via nuget in a new project, just as you normally would do. That way, you would get all dependencies as well, which you will need. Then, use windows explorer to search for all packages. http://i.imgur.com/bRxuMCa.png

Edited, Mar 28, 2014 12:16
Vote:

Why not just include nuget "packages" folder in your source control, so you can continue use nuget without worrying about the internet connection issue.

Mar 30, 2014 10:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.