Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Restrict available languages for domain

Vote:

We have one Episerver site which is available in four languages, each with its corresponding domain: www.site.se (Swedish), www.site.dk (Danish), www.site.no (Norwegian) and www.site.fi (Finnish).

Editors log in to "their" domain to work with content in their language. Some editors work with more than one language, and might have two browsers open at the same time. Possibly against different domains. This causes a mess for the editors, since Episerver regard this as one and the same site. And suddenly (by mistake or intentionally) the editor manages to switch language and end up on another country's site (in the preview, while other language shown in tree). 

Problem is that on any of these sites you can switch freely (in edit mode) between these languages, which does not make sense. I'd like an editor who go to www.site.se only to be able to work with Swedish content. And vice versa for the other sites. I.e one language tightly copuled with one domain. Still in the same Episerver site.

I know I can use permissions on languages but for a super user, wouldn't all languages be available on all sites anyway? Permissions cannot be set on a per-domain basis, but rather on a per-site basis. And in this case, there is only one Episerver site. Gah, did this make any sense? O_o

Nov 10, 2014 23:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.