Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Alloy Demo Site

Vote:

Hi,

I've installed the Alloy Demo Site on my Surface Pro running Windows 8.1, IIS 8.5 and SQL Server 2012. I'm trying to access the Alloy site with my administrator credentials on this computer.

I've followed the Installation Instructions and step number ten says that I can "log in with a Windows user that is part of the administrators group on the machine". I've tried this - no luck. I'm getting "Login failed". Is these any way that I can create a user using T-SQL? Is this a bug related to the installation?

// Anders

Dec 27, 2013 19:22
Vote:

Yes, you should be able to login using any local users on that computer. The only one who will have access to edit and admin mode is users in the Administrator role though.

So if it says login failed, it means the username or password was wrong.

Dec 28, 2013 0:02
Vote:

Thanks for your reply. It looks like it doesn't work to authenticate with a Microsoft Account. You should create a Local Account (PC Settings - Accounts - Other accounts - Add an account. Remember to make it an Administrator) and log in to the Alloy Sample Site with this user. This worked perfectly for me.

Dec 28, 2013 18:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.