Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PayPal checkout not working (Invalid CenPOS data being sent)

Vote:

Hello users! 

Has anyone run into any issues implementing PayPal as a checkout option for B2B Commerce? 

We utilize a guest checkout experience for this site but due to the lack of documentation we've been unable to figure out why PayPal implementation is so tricky! 

API credentials have been setup in PayPal and added to our Admin settings.  The checkout experience "works" as far as clicking the PayPAl express button on checkout, logging into my sandbox buyer account and checking out, and returning me back to the site for me to "place order".   Beyond that, the order submission integration job to our ERP fails with the XML response stating "Invalid CenPOS data" for that order/job.  

Is there more involved than just adding our PayPal API credentials?  Any insight is appreciated from anyone else who has implemented the out-of-the-box PayPal setting for B2B commerce!  Thanks! 

Apr 13, 2021 11:19
Vote:

Hey Kyle,

Is your payment gateway provided by CenPOS? Assuming you haven't made any customizations to the review and pay page, you should just enter the credentials in the admin console. I've had paypal working for a couple years. It's been a hassle for our business, but that's a different topic.

It sounds like the order submit job thinks the payment method is credit card and not paypal. You would need to modify your order submit job so that it passes the value your ERP needs to identify paypal is the payment method. 

May 03, 2021 20:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.