Version: Episerver CMS Migration Tool 18.104.22.168 Date: March 19, 2009
Episerver CMS Migration Tool is used to migrate Episerver CMS 4.62 sites to EPiServer CMS 5 R2. It is however VERY important to note that there are a large number of requirements that must be met before considering migrating to Episerver CMS 5 R2.
» Read the Migration Tool technical note
» Read the Migration Tool FAQ
Note: This version of Migration Tool targets Episerver CMS 5 R2. Migration to later versions, i.e. SP1, SP2, must be done after first migrating to CMS 5 R2 and then performing a regular upgrade to the later version.
IMPORTANT - All previous version of Episerver CMS Migration Tool must be uninstalled before installing version 22.214.171.124.
NEW IN EPISERVER CMS MIGRATION TOOL 1.1
- Targets Episerver CMS 5 R2.
- Support for Oracle migration.
- Improved performance for content migration.
- Supports migration of users from EPiServer CMS 4 databases. Note that passwords cannot be migrated. See the technical note for information on workarounds.
- Supports migration of personalized information into ASP.NET personalization provider.
NEW IN EPISERVER CMS MIGRATION TOOL 126.96.36.199
- Feature: Fix Case insensitive in GetSubscriptionInfo
- #18029: Migration tool - failed to migrate russian xhtml properties
- #20255: Subscriptions are not migrated if you have a none globalized site.
- #16043: Cant migrate sites without EPnStartPage value in application settings
- #21350: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblAccess' while migrating users
Preparing for Migration
The following steps outline some of the steps involved when preparing an Episerver CMS 4 site for migration. More detailed information about all of these steps can be found in the Migration Tool technical note.
- Upgrade CMS 4 site to EPiServer CMS 4.62 and back up the database.
- Install an unmodified CMS 5 R2 site and the migration tool on the same machine as the sites.
- Remove any custom tables added in the database with constraints towards any Episerver CMS tables.
- Remove or convert any Form properties to XForm properties.
- Exclude any file systems that you don't want to migrate.
- Remove old page versions.