Separate NuGet packages for ASP.NET dependencies
Aug 14, 2017
Feb 08, 2018
Adds new packages EPiServer.CMS.AspNet and EPiServer.Framework.AspNet that will be required for ASP.NET development.
- Implementations based on ASP.NET have moved to separate packages EPiServer.Framework.AspNet and EPiServer.Cms.AspNet
- Usage of StructureMap as IOC container is moved to separate package EPiServer.ServiceLocation.StructureMap
- Requires .NET Framework 4.61
- CreatePropertyControl has been removed from PropertyData. Use IPropertyControlFactory instead to register and create controls for PropertyData types.
- Providers (for example ContentProvider, BlobProvider) does no longer inherit ProviderBase. If a provider that support configuration through web.config has an initialization method with signature void Initialize(string name, NameValueCollection config) then it will be called during initialization phase
- IServiceLocator no longer supports named instances. The specific implemenation in EPiServer.ServiceLocation.StructureMap supports named instances.
- Some methods in IServiceLocator have been removed from interface and are now extension methods in EPiServer.ServiceLocation namespace.
- EPiServer.Search.SearchSettings.Config has been replaced by EPiServer.Search.SearchSetting.Options
- No longer support to get ILogger instance from IOC container
- Calls to logger that occurs before IConfigurableModules are created are not guaranteed to be persisted.
- Method IStringFragment.GetControl has been removed. Use IStringFragmentControlResolver instead to create controls for string fragments.
- Configuration sections EPiServerFrameworkSection, StaticFileSection, EPiServerDataStoreSection and SearchSection have been moved to assembly EPiServer.Framework.AspNet
- Property Database on DataAccessBase has been removed and is replaced by property Executor
- PageData.LinkUrl no longer contain query parameter epslanguage.
- ContentProviders can no longer use CacheSettings.Filenames (previously obsoleted) to setup dependencies to files.
- EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule have been moved to EPiServer.Cms.AspNet assembly and can be used as dependency module for other modules that want to run after EPiServer CMS is initialized when running as a ASP.NET application. There is a new module EPiServer.Initialization.CmsCoreInitialization in assembly EPiServer that can be used as dependency module for modules that want to run after CMS Runtime is initialized when running CMS outside ASP.NET context.
- Previously obsoleted methods Rebase/MakeRelative on type EPiServer.Web.UrlBuilder in Assembly EPiServer have been moved to extensions method defined in assembly EPiServer.Cms.AspNet. Type UrlBuilder.RebaseKind is also moved to EPiServer.Web.RebaseKind in EPiServer.Cms.AspNet assembly.
- AccessControlList.Save have been deprecated and is no longer supported, use IContentSecurityRepository