This area is subject to change, and will be reworked. Refer to Marketing [BETA] for more information.
This section provides an introduction to the Marketing features of EPiServer Commerce.
The Marketing capabilities are based on the following components:
- Campaigns - a way to organize marketing activities. Campaigns must be associated with Promotions in order to provide customer discounts. Optionally, Campaigns can also be tied to Customer Segments for targeted marketing purposes.
- Promotions - a promotion is a marketing tool used to increase sales of certain products or product lines. Promotions provide a way to apply various discounts to the products, order totals, or shipping. Various incentives such as lowered pricing and other discounts can be employed as part of a Promotion.
- Customer Segments - determine the target audience for a promotion. Within a Campaign, Promotions apply to the Customer Segments associated with the Campaign. Members of Customer Segments can be pre-defined in static groups, or you can use the Expressions Engine to create groups dynamically when Promotions are run.
- Expressions - customizable conditions which let users extend aspects of the Marketing system. Promotions, Customer Segments, and Policies rely on Expressions. There is an Expressions Engine, which is a core technology behind the Marketing system.
- Policies - rules that are always executed when Promotions are applied. This allows a Marketing manager to declare rules just once for the whole site.
The programming interfaces of these components are described in more detail in this section. Refer also to the EPiServer Commerce User Guide to learn about the marketing features.