My contribution to the Gadget Contest is a gadget for doing findpageswithcriteria-calls.
I haven’t done asp.net MVC coding before this so it was a new and interesting experience.
Some points of interest – although the introduction to gadgets article talks about extension-methods for htmlhelper-classes it seems like you do not get Intellisense in the views.
Did also experience that the Intellisense was working but the Html-helper wasn’t available.
Screenshot of criteria builder
The magnificent result-view
Some further things which could be added and would be make the gadget more editor friendly:
- Using the Dynamic Data Store to save searches
- Using Reflection (possibly?) to determine the valuetype automatically
- Possibility to select where to start searching
- Validation and friendly feedback for errors
Installation instructions (hope it works for you)
1. add this to web.config
under the episerver.shell tag
2. unpack the zip file to your episerver ctp site, open and build the project
2. add gadget to the page
3. rule the world?
Source and project files Source and project files