|Number of votes:||1|
I’ve seen a few forum posts from users having this issue. One of the best threads covering this subject is this one: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=63028
This thread actually contains a good way to reproduce the error and also two different solutions that might work. The first solution is to specify the groups to transfer instead of using *. This worked for me at first, but suddenly started to act weird.
But since I wanted to know more about this, I started with running SQL Profiler to see who, and when, accessed the database table tblEPiServerCommonGroupUser. It turned out that what’s happening is that all rows for the current user gets deleted when the new session starts. After that, the users group belongings gets inserted back to the table, BUT it seems like it never inserts non-AD groups, like “Group for club with id: xx”. This is what happens:
It seems that who’s responsible for this is EPiServer.Common.Web.Authorization.Integrator and it may be possible to do something about this behavior. For now, I have no solution. Instead I tried to find a way to insert the correct groups back to the table. This stored procedure restores the table with correct information for the current user. It could be executed in Session_Start to make sure the user belongs to the correct groups the current session:
The procedure above can be executed like this:
If you need to correct the entire table in one job, you could try the script below.
What it does is extract a list of all users that is a member of any club and then insert the correct GroupId and UserId into tblEPiServerCommonGroupUser. I have tried this for a couple of days and it seems to work, but be warned! It may do stuff it not intended to, so use at own risk!
This is a one-time fix.
If you know a way to really solve this issue, please let me know!