Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Have Episerver Find use the "SynchronizedObjectInstanceCache" when using "StaticallyCacheFor"

Vote:

"StaticallyCacheFor" in Episerver Find uses the "HttpRuntime.Cache". Using the "SynchronizedObjectInstanceCache" instead would reduce the amount of requests to Episerver Find when running a lot of instances.

Nov 26, 2019 9:58
Scott Reed - Nov 26, 2019 10:20
There's a thread on the EMVP Yammer for new Features as they are re-writing Find. It might be worth popping it on that
Jeroen Stemerdink - Nov 26, 2019 10:53
Yes, but it would also be very nice to have it before that :)
Scott Reed - Nov 26, 2019 12:02
Course I would just assume they are holding off on core changes if they are reworking it. Plus it doesn't hurt to have in both
Vote:

While I think ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache is generally a better idea, I don't think using that will help with reducing the amount of request. ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache ensures that the cache invalidation is synced, so each instance still has it own cache, and adding an item in an instance will not make that cache entry available on all instances 

Nov 26, 2019 14:50
Jeroen Stemerdink - Nov 26, 2019 15:12
True, but with the ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache you could implement e.g. a distributed cache with Redis, now it's an implementation you can't change, right?
Quan Mai - Nov 26, 2019 15:16
yes but implementing ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache on Redis cache is a lot of troubles regarding the content.
Jeroen Stemerdink - Nov 28, 2019 16:18
Or maybe even better to make it possible to create/use your own ICache implementation
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.