Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Project model with VS2005

Vote:

I was trying the 4.60 beta with VS2005 and don't realy like the "web site" project model. I think it makes our(EPi Developers) word a little more complex and easier to make misstakes in. I was browsing the web and came across this site about the Web Application project for VS2005. I think it's a good idea to keep the EPi-core apart from the customer solution so I think we will use this for EPi-projects in VS2005. http://webproject.scottgu.com/ Have you at EP any ideas about how EPi will handle the new project model in VS2005? /HAXEN
Jan 03, 2006 21:20
Vote:

We will base the new VS2005-templates on the Web Application project type in 4.60 instead of the Web site model, it's more suited to complex web development and makes for an easier upgrade path. Scott mentioned in a blog post that it will be included in Visual Studio 2005 SP1 which makes it future proof and something Microsoft will support. By the way, 4.60 Beta 1 should be available tomorrow (i hope) with this project type so you can try it out for yourself. But remember that the default templates installed with 4.60 will be VS2003/ASP.NET 1.1 so upgrading to VS2005/ASP.NET 2.0 is not a requirement. The VS2005 templates will be a separate download.
Feb 16, 2006 18:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.