Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ralteplus gadgets problem with dynamic datastore. StoreInconsistencyException

Vote:

Greetings

I need some community support to fix an error in EPiServer that really has me confused.

Recently all of the gadgets that ship with relate pluss have stopped working. The following classes are throwing a StoreInconsistencyException.
I am pretty familiar with this exception as I sometimes encounter in on my own classes if I forget to add the AutomaticallyRemapStore to my DDS classes.
Unfortuanly I am unable to edit classes that exist deep in the episerver API so I am sort of stuck. I have tried to install the lastest hotfix from 28th of may but alas, it did not fix anything. .

Currently only the production database has this error. Running the same code on an older version of the db does not produse this error.

The following gadgets/classes are giving me problems.

• "Visistor group statistics": EPiServer.Shell.UI.Models.VisitorGroupsStatistics.Statistics.VisitorGroupStatisticSettingDate
  • "Community approval": EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.Approval.Settings
  • "Community Abuse Reports": EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.AbuseReport.Settings
  • "Community Activity": EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.Activity.Settings

The error:

The Type 'EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.Activity.Settings' needs to be remapped in the Dynamic Data Store, see the Errors collection for more information.
Remapping can be done by applying the EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDataStoreAttribute attribute to the type,
setting its AutomaticallyRemapStore property to true and ensuring the <episerver.dataStore><dataStore> autoRemapStores attribute in web.config is set to true (or is not defined).
Alternatively call the Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet from Powershell.

Jun 26, 2012 10:49
Vote:

This article might point you in the right direction

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Paul-Smith/Dates1/2011/4/Dynamic-Data-Store--Tips-Tricks-and-Best-Practises/ 

I think you will need to use Powershell to remap the store using Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet

Jun 27, 2012 14:18
Vote:

Hi Minesh, thanks for the reply.

I have been unable to locate this Poweshell cmdlet in my installation. Considering also that this is episerver api classes that have not been changed I am not sure this applies. All the properties are of the same type and has the same named properties and the same ammount. You would not happen to know where I might locate this cmdlet?

Jun 27, 2012 14:32
Vote:

im afraid i drew a blank in my searches as well luckly i have only ever incountered this issue during development and the only way for me to fix the issue was to roll the database back, you might want to nudge EPiServer on this issue.

If you find a fix let us know as would be a good to know

Jun 27, 2012 14:33
Vote:

I think I found a solution.

Just do this, and it works :)

EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDynamicDataStoreFactory.Instance.DeleteStore(typeof(EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.Activity.Settings), true);
            EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDynamicDataStoreFactory.Instance.DeleteStore(typeof(EPiServer.Community.Gadgets.Models.AbuseReport.Settings), true);

Edited, Aug 08, 2013 7:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.