Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to Save or Cancel in IE

Vote:

A really weird error has occured in EPiServer CMS 6 with Composer 4. In Composer Edit on Page the Save and view, Save and publish and Cancel does not work i IE (7/8). When pressing the buttons nothing happens. It all works in Firefox, Chrome etc.

It also works on another server environment so it´s not code-related, it seems that it would be settings related (IIS or EPiServer) but what can affect this in just IE?

Dec 07, 2010 16:24
Vote:

Hi Tobias,

Are you using the Page.MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack property in your code? That has caused the Composer 4 toolbar to fail in IE although it worked perfectly fine in Firefox.

Simply remove that call from your page/function and the buttons should work again in IE.

Let me know how it goes,

Nimesh.

Dec 07, 2010 22:37
Vote:

Yes! Thank you! Is this documented somewhere because this took half the day to try to fix it and it would seem that the error would occur quite often since using MaintainScrollpositionOnPostback is a standard functionality to use.

Dec 08, 2010 8:47
Vote:

I don't think it is documented anywhere, it was a "trial and error" procedure for me to figure this out.

Glad I could help.

Cheers,
Nimesh.

Dec 08, 2010 11:59
Vote:

Ok, reporting the issue.

Dec 08, 2010 12:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.